Saturday, September 01, 2007

August knitting progress report

August knitting added three FOs to the tally--all dishcloths--as well as two almost FOs in the secret projects. And there was a sock, although the fact that it is too big and will have to be frogged in its entirety.

The unfinished projects are piling up to the point where intervention may be needed. In addition to the completed sock that is worthless in its current state, there's the sock for which I cast on too many stitches and must frog and the baby sock that needs a nicer looking companion. I have a few rows of two dishcloths on the needles. The secret projects--knitting needle covers--await crochet work and back stitch. I still need to attempt to fix the handle on my messenger bag. The only project with progress worth mentioning is the Asherton Reversible Scarf.

Past progress reports with better productivity except in one instance: January, February, March, April, May, June, and July.

The Countdown to Ravelry Acceptance Watch shows 11,135 people ahead of me.

The long, lazy weekend seems like it's flying by. I must have been on the computer a lot yesterday because I don't have much to show for it. Today has zipped by as well. Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on my door for the second time since moving here. I went to see Death Sentence. (Watching it was work-related, but I actually thought the film was recommendable, something I wasn't expecting from a vigilante movie by the director of Saw. It's certainly a lot better than the insomniac's cure known as Rob Zombie's Halloween remake.) I went to the grocery store. I walked to the library to return a book and checked out Mark Haddon's A Spot of Bother and Jennifer Egan's The Keep. I'm a third of the way through the latter, which has been an interesting read so far.

I would write about how the increased use of self checkout machines at the grocery store and the library indicates our detachment from one another in society, but that sounds really pretentious. Plus, I've written too many ponderous entries for one week. It's Saturday night. Keep it light.

How's this? I discovered that I have four bottles of pure almond extract, two full and two nearly empty, in my cupboard. I have no vanilla extract. The open, almost empty bottles I can understand. Having two full ones as well? How did that happen?

OK, knitting time for me...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL the same way we always seem to end up with 2 of what we don't need and none of what we do! ;)

I actually have a serious love/hate relationship with self checkouts.. It's kind of weird though, so I'll leave it at that LOL

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Self-checkouts make me crazy! There's never a line there for a reason, you know.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

Seems like I've touched a nerve with the self checkout lanes. That gives me something to write about in the future. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home