Friday, August 24, 2007

Everything in its right place

I feel like I have regained some focus after a couple weeks adrift. In other words, two projects are on the needles. I have knit just four rows of each, but I'm encouraged that I have a quick knit and a more substantial project to keep me occupied. I'm making another Arkansas dishcloth and the Asherton reversible scarf for the Red Scarf Project. I'm using Dark Horse Yarn-Fantasy in cherry for the scarf. I've been knitting with cotton so much lately that the soft texture of the half nylon, half acrylic yarn was a pleasant surprise.

The day concluded a lot better than it began. I drove to a screening that didn't take place because the print was going to arrive an hour late, meaning we wouldn't begin until at least ninety minutes after the designated starting time.

Picking up some extra time wasn't so bad. I had two friends and their baby over tonight, so additional time to straighten up my place--translation: unpack or find a place for stuff that had sat untouched since I moved--was welcome. It also gave me the chance to squeeze in a trip to Jo-Ann's to get more needles. I'm hoping to receive the Dish Rag Tag box Saturday, so I needed to get US 7s to knit my dishcloth while the Arkansas dishcloth occupied my other needles. Of course, the store had almost every size except what I wanted.

Mildly aggravated, I popped in at Michael's. I found what I came for, but hold on, what's this? Aluminum needles in different colors? I put back the metal needles I was going to buy for the aluminum sticks in a nice shade of blue. That's right. Color was the determining factor in my needle purchase.

I wonder if cleaning up some of the remains of moving has helped me become unstuck. I've felt very much at home here, but I've had the nagging feeling that the move isn't truly finished until everything is in its right place. I can't claim I've achieved that level, but my apartment no longer looks like I'm still moving in. Getting it to that point made it possible to have a relaxed evening at home with friends.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

i know what you mean about feeling like the moving process isn't over...we still have boxes everywhere and are having a housewarming party on 9/15, so i really need to buckle down and get the unpacking done, or at least more done than it is.

that scarf is AWESOME - did you get the pattern for free? i would love to try that one, although i have several big scarf projects on the needles right now, so i'll have to save it for when i finish at least one of them. sounds like good motivation for an FO to me!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Welcome home... finally! And have fun knitting. :-)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I once bought a second pair of needles in a size I already had because I wanted red, not the lavender that I had previously bought. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home