Sunday, July 01, 2007

June knitting progress report

I was getting squirrelly sitting at home this afternoon, so I decided to go out to a coffee shop for some caffeine and knitting in public. I probably should have gone for a smaller coffee--I could feel its aftereffects during my early evening exercise--but it was the right amount for the nearly two hours I happily spent working on my sock.

Although I was in public, I might as well have been in a cocoon. I zeroed in on the work at hand while the iPod spun Feist's The Reminder, Fountains of Wayne's Traffic and Weather, and, because I must have been in an F band mood, part of Franz Ferdinand's second album. (It's been awhile since I've listened to Fountains of Wayne's latest. I'm not sure why I didn't love it before. It's near perfect. Shame about the cover, though.) I might still be there if it weren't for the warm seat by the window making the yarn stick to the needles.

I have a couple inches to knit before I can begin on the heel flap. I really like how this looks already, which could mean that the other green sock may be backburnered while I concentrate on these.

It's the first of the month, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony's favorite time and when I take a look at my progress toward my new year's knitting resolutions. In the FO department I have:

4 dishcloths
1 practice baby sock
1 baby sock
1 adult sock

For tally purposes, I'm only going to count the dishcloths toward my monthly total since socks need to be made in pairs to be truly finished. That's 38 FOs for the year. I have three WIPs in the form of two adult socks (one still awaiting massive frogging) and a dishcloth.

Predictably, my production dropped in June, which saw me get adjusted to my new apartment. What I lacked in output, I made up for in learning new things. I learned how to do the long tail cast on and knit socks. I became better at reading the knitting. I am knitting with yarn lighter than worsted weight, which was one of my resolutions.

Here are links for previous progress reports: January, February, March, April, and May.

In July I hope to update the primer in the sidebar and add a photo to the header. (From what I can tell from a Blogger dashboard entry, it's easier than it used to be.) So the site may get a slight facelift. It's probably time for me to try making a baby sweater, which is one of my goals that I haven't attempted to fulfill yet.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Love the sock yarn...the color is nice and I love the blue flecks. Wtg on the 38 FO's so far...wish I could say I've knit half that many, but it's been quite a slow year for me so far.

Congrats on the new notebook, too...love the pic of the old one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home