Thursday, August 30, 2007

Four things, part two

This week I've dropped a couple entries heavy on introspection, so let's lighten things up with the four things meme. Follow the link for part one.

4 favorite foods

-Barbecue
-Pizza
-Fresh bread
-Chocolate, dark in particular

I'm such a philistine.

4 websites I visit every day

-The AV Club

One of the top spots around for pop culture criticism and essays.

-Internet Movie Database

Whether it's looking up the runtimes for movies I'll be seeing or checking the credits for something I'm writing, this site is an indispensable tool.

-Google Reader

The best way to keep track of the blogs I read. Some sites are slower to show that they've been updated, which is surely just a quirk in the series of tubes.

-StatCounter

I can't help myself. I like to see how many hits my sites get and where they're coming from. Occasionally the site traffic stats tip me off when something I've written on my movie blog has been quoted or linked.

4 places I love to be

-Home

Having lived in a place where being home was stressful, I can really appreciate how wonderful it is it come home now and be able to relax. It may be trite to say there's no place like home but it's true.

-Movie theaters

Movie theaters get a bad rap these days. It's not entirely undeserved, although usually the criticisms have to do with the people populating them, not the rooms themselves. As familiar as the auditoriums are to me, there's still something magical about being in places where light shines through a strip of film and (hopefully) captures my imagination.

-Between the mile and a half and two-mile mark at Sharon Woods Metro Park

I haven't been to this park for walking and running too many times since I moved. I have closer places where I can get my exercise now. I love this stretch because it's a nice, flat section right after a couple of significant hills. You get a terrific view of the park, and if no one else is on the multipurpose trail, you can feel like you've escaped to the middle of nowhere in the midst of the bustling suburb. Of course, eventually you end up near the interstate, but it's nice while it lasts.

-Coffee shops

I like the smell and the laid-back atmosphere, assuming the music isn't being aggressively pumped in. Good for knitting, reading, writing, and talking.

4 favorite colors

-Forest green
-Midnight blue
-Fire engine red
-Cornflower blue

Beyond my favorite color--forest green--it's a toss-up. I couldn't have told you the names without the list of colors on Wikipedia.

4 names I love but wouldn't use for my children

Uh... Does having a Y chromosome exempt me from this one? I can't say I've given any thought to names I would use. After all, it isn't a pressing matter.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

That last item is just ... weird. Everything else is so generally applicable, and then suddenly this very specific, very neurotic category? Who comes up with this stuff?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home