Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Three strikes

I banged the hell out of my elbow this morning. While bringing my arm back I misjudged how close I was to my desk. Wham! I hit a spot just above my elbow pretty hard. I didn't think the pain would last. I don't see a bruise, but my arm is definitely sore.

A meeting about the upcoming school year left me relieved about some of the big, lingering questions. Cut to mid-afternoon and my boss making a visible (and, inappropriate, in my opinion) display of anger regarding a major issue that was thought to have been resolved a couple months ago. There's trouble in River City with a capital B. That rhymes with P, but this has nothing to do with pool.

Capping this day of misjudgment, the Reds fooled me into believing that they might actually make a ridiculous late season surge and get into the pennant race. I am such a sucker. Having been pulled back in, they proceeded to lose both games of a doubleheader tonight.

Anyway...knitting! It took a week, but the Texas dishcloth arrived safely. My brother said he doubts they'll use it because he doesn't want to ruin it. Thank you...but it's meant to be used! I suppose if they want to hang it on the wall or use it as a decorative item, that's fine too. I thought it was funny that I gave my permission for them to use the dishcloth, even if it sounds like they probably won't. I'll take compliments where I can get them.

I've added some more links to the sidebar. Go to ADAllen for your fill of ruminations on academia. Doniamarie talks about a little bit of everything, knitting included, at It's All About Hastening....Slowly. Jenn's Baking Blog should be self-explanatory. miss ewe knits is currently on a blog vacation, but perhaps she'll grace us with something new soon. If you need a place to catch your breath or find craft inspiration, a trip to tiny happy is just what you need. Donna shows off her knitting prowess at Toxophily. Check 'em out!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Hope its better soon.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

drives me crazy when ppl tell me they won't use the cloth i knit them...i mean, i appreciate the compliment, too, but geesh - that's what they are for - use 'em!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home