Wednesday, August 01, 2007

July knitting progress report

July=zero FOs. What happened during these lazy summer days?

I made some mistakes knitting socks and became somewhat burned out working on them. I devoted most of a weekend to reading the last Harry Potter book. I finished knitting the secret project but got stuck on the required crocheting. (I did figure out how to crochet in chain stitch, though.) On the plus side, I took stock of what I've learned how to do this year. Not too shabby, if I say so myself.

Works in progress include two socks--well, one in progress and one that hasn't been frogged all the way--a dishcloth untouched for a month, secret project #1 (in need of finishing), and secret project #2. The secret projects will be completed this month, and at least one sock should be foot-ready before the month ends.

I can say for certain that a dishcloth will be finished in August because Dish Rag Tag is here! I don't think I can explain it to non-knitters without them thinking I'm completely insane for participating. It is a silly thing to do, but it amuses me and should be fun.

Here are links for previous progress reports: January, February, March, April, May, and June.

So, five months to go, two and a half until I've been knitting for a year. Sweaters of the baby and adult kind are the only major goals remaining of my new year's knitting resolutions. I'm hearing that I should learn how to do cables. What other knitting knowledge should I aspire to absorb in 2007? What are your goals?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Ruby said...

I have to agree with everyone else...cables look difficult and very impressive, but are really quite easy. Go for the cables!

Another cool technique that looks impressive and difficult but is super easy is slip stitch knitting (aka mosaic knitting). It's an easy way to do color work that doesn't require bobbins or anything extra. You only work one color at a time and use slipped stitches to carry color up from a previous row, the colors not in use are carried up the side.

As for travel knitting, I like to do hats since they're small and portable.

Have a great vacation!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Amanda D Allen said...

I want to finish hand knit birthday presents for the triplets from New Knits on the Block. My goal is to finish them this month since their birthday is on the first of September. I'd like to learn socks and cables this year, but while I do that, I'll also have two baby blankets and MS3 to finish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home