Thursday, May 10, 2007

More projects

Another felted needle roll was not the anticipated project for the evening, but it was a nice and easy fallback plan when the first one didn't work out. I'm ordering the colors according to their places in the spectrum, mainly because I figured that was a surefire way of arranging them in a pleasing way. I've gone all wild and crazy and witched up how many rows of a particular color I'm using rather than following the pattern to a tee.

I lost count while knitting the yellow rows, so I ended up with two more of those than intended. No problem. I'm happy with it so far.

I was going to work on knitting another baby hat, this time in the round, but even a 16" cable was too long.

The cast on row is stretched to its limit. There is no way I could join this and knit in the round. I guess I'll have to get some US 8 dpns and give it a shot on those. Between your helpful tips and the online research I've done, I think I should be good to go.

I've learned how to knit this in the round on circs, although that knowledge will have to be filed away as it doesn't apply to dpns. It took some contemplation to realize that the reason I couldn't find any explanation for how to do seed stitch in the round is because it's the same as on straights.

The baby hat knitted in the round will be the inverse of the one I finished yesterday. I'll use pink for the contrasting color and rose for the main color. Babies are such fashion plates that I'm sure the recipient of these hats will appreciate being able to mix up her wardrobe.

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Love the colors for the felted needle holder.

Happy Weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home