Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday musings

Thanks to those who have submitted questions for the something like an interview meme. I don't have a time frame in mind for when I'll answer them, so add your own if you feel like it.

I had today's post done in my head after I got an e-mail with a picture of the cat enjoying the mat I made. I didn't open the file at the time, and when I tried tonight, I couldn't get the photo to load. I've requested that it be sent again, so maybe I'll have it tomorrow.

With that plan dashed, I'm scrambling for something today...

Donna and Jenn have given their own Thinking Blogger awards, so I encourage you to follow where they lead you.

Searches for "knitting" continue to rise, at least according to the Yahoo! buzz log. This guy is not impressed. In addition to the fact that I would dare knit, I have a feeling he'd take umbrage that as a fellow male I know he's made an error when he mentions "Longenburger". My mom was into Longaberger baskets at one time, and the main office isn't terribly far from here. Last I checked, such knowledge doesn't make me a betrayer of my gender. And yes, their corporate office building looks like a giant basket.

A screenwriter is attached to the forthcoming Julia Roberts knitting movie. I'm not sure why the article writer pegs Mike Binder as being best at writing about male relationships. The Upside of Anger was a far sight better than the good but flawed Reign Over Me.

I'm becoming convinced that the physical plant employees on campus are out to get me. Ever since the weather turned warm, I've had to wear long sleeves and a jacket in my office, and I'm still cold.

You know what I can't get enough of lately? Hawaiian Punch.

You know what I can't find at all? Stephen Colbert's AmeriCone Dream. I really don't care if I ever eat it--I prefer Häagen-Dazs and Graeter's to Ben & Jerry's --I just want to see it at the supermarket.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

We've eaten that. It's good. And it is amusing :)

Hawaiian Punch makes me ill--it's far too sweet. Though, I'm glad someone out there can enjoy it.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I love Hawaiian Punch! And my house is full of Longaberger. My best friend and I make a pilgrimage to the Longaberger Homestead every summer. Those baskets are great for hiding my stash!

You know, if we told that guy he doesn't know what he's talking about, he wouldn't get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home