Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Actual knitting content

As promised, here's the lucky cat perched on the mat I made. Looks like just the right size. He's definitely stylin'.

Yes, honest to goodness knitting content. I know it's been awhile.

Tonight I picked up the needles for the first time in a week and started a baby hat. The expectant parents know they will be having a girl, which is why I'm using these colors. I'll have a lot of the yarn left over and no idea what to use it for, but I really like the color combination.

It was nice to knit again. I was reminded why it's good for me. I needed it to block out the braying laughter from one apartment and drunken shouting in another. So much for skipping a screening to take it easy this evening, but I'm out of here in eighteen days.

As I make preparations for the move, I run into the odd dilemma. For instance, I need to get new checks. For at least a year I've paid all my monthly bills via electronic transactions, but my new rental management company charges extra for this method. I've had no need for checks, but now I will, even if it's just one a month. I called the bank and explained that I need to order new checks and change my address. It's an either/or proposition over the telephone, though.

I can order new checks with my current address and receive them where I currently live. I can change the address and have them sent to my soon-to-be residence. I cannot change the address and have them sent where I am now unless I go to the bank. I suppose the policy makes sense, but it doesn't mean I'm any less irritated by it.

I've already scheduled an appointment with the cable company for move-in day. Obviously my priorities are in place.

5 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cat looks very pleased with the mat, actually he looks like it's his natural due from the universe that people will knit for him. The baby hat is looking cute - love the colours.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The cat mat does look like perfect size and the coloring is great for that cat, too - great work!

You can order checks via walmart.com and pick them up at one of the stores. They are $15/box and you can even upload a photo to have centered on them. I'm not sure about the address issue, but I'm sure there wouldn't be a problem and they are also probably cheaper than the bank. Good luck w/ that!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Cat on a mat!

Looks good. Maybe I should make one for my little kitty...

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Karen said...

A cat on a mat, and Mark knits a hat. Love the photos!

Why does moving have to be such a pain??

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can go to staples and buy a program with checks and print your own checks, and only print what you need when you need them. Saves a lot of money believe me.
Hope this helps

 

Post a Comment

<< Home