Friday, May 04, 2007

Blah

Let's just forget this week happened and move along. I'm sitting here blank and uninspired. The best thing would be to get some distance from it all.

Speaking of moving, 22 days and counting until the big day arrives for me. In January I thought the day would never get here, but now it approaches with a combination of excitement about being in a new place and dread that I'm never going to be ready for the move. My neighbors have been better since those really awful months, but there have still been plenty of aggravations. I think they're wise to me moving out. Since they are too, whether by their choice or the landlord's, they have no reason to be good neighbors, not that they've been terribly concerned about it previously.

Maybe they learned one lesson on Thursday. It irritates me a lot to come home and see the front door to the building standing wide open, something they do a lot because they don't want to open it each time their guests come over. It's not just that my apartment does the heating and cooling in the stairwell, although it steams me to see it in the colder months. I don't expect criminals to come sneaking in, but it is common sense not to have the main entrance inviting anyone and everyone to enter. Or everything. You see, a bird flew in, and I heard them trying to get it out. They weren't having much luck, but eventually it flew out the front door. They shut the door after that.

The big question for the move is whether or not the street I live on will be finished. It's going on two months that they've been replacing the sewer lines and rebuilding the sidewalks. The building's four parking spaces are still unusable since the lot has a foot drop-off from what little remains of the blacktop area and the excavated portion. The street is still dirt and rocks, although supposedly they are to begin paving next week. With the way my neighbors are, there's no guarantee I'll get a parking spot when this is finished, but a repaved road and reconstructed parking area are essential for getting a moving truck here. A morning or two where I don't hear construction beginning an hour before I get up would be nice as well.

Hopefully things will get back to normal in upcoming days, and I'll say something worth reading.

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Karen said...

You are the one who put the pressure on yourself to try to blog every day, you know. It doesn't have to be meaningful and inspired. We all have days when we aren't brilliant.

What are you knitting?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home