Tuesday, May 15, 2007

On and On and On

That's more like it. This is what I intended to knit the first time I made this pattern, except I couldn't find any red or yellow wool then. I don't have the energy to trudge up and down the stairs to check the felting process tonight, and I don't have the patience to sit in the basement to watch it. The final step can wait until tomorrow.

I could lay the blame on the flat, uninspired Shrek the Third sucking the life out of me, but I'm wiped out from more packing. It feels like that's all I've done today. Actually, it almost is. Following the lead of my co-workers, I began digging through my office since it will be relocating this summer. If there's a motto I'm living by at the moment, it is "throw it out". That's been a tough thing for me to do, but it's the only way I'll keep any sanity through this.

So I unloaded a lot of papers, press kits, and videotapes in the recycle bin and dumpster. As eager as I am to switch apartments, I am getting close to feeling the same way about offices. The unpredictable extreme temperatures at the station--arctic last week, muggy today--are wearing me out. Remember, I work indoors.

I came home and boxed up the rest of my DVDs. I know I've received a fair number for free, but it's ridiculous how many I have. And I still have to pack my CDs. Oh boy.

But progress is being made. It isn't easy or fun, but I'm accomplishing what needs to be done. With that said, I sign off for tonight ready to watch the new episode of Veronica Mars or the final three on the lackluster American Idol. And I need to take a serious listen to Wilco's Sky Blue Sky. A couple background listens makes me wonder why the prevailing opinions are that it isn't any good. At least one person disagrees.

One other thing... Just got a call from my boss. There's an agreement in place for our funding, so that's taken care of for the rest of the year.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Yay for funding!

And the needle holder looks fantastic. Good work. Just look how far you've progressed in less than a year! You're felting, knitting with dpns, and using all sorts of skills. :)

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad you got your funding! The needle roll looks lovely. It sounds like you have as many DVDs as we have books.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hooray for the funding! Add that to your blessings. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home