Saturday, March 07, 2009

What a difference a year makes

On this date one year ago a storm entered the area that would end up leaving 20+ inches of snow on the ground. Today the high was surely in the 70s.

The day was nice enough for me to go for a walk and be a little warm hoofing it around the neighborhood because I wore sweatpants instead of shorts. I've had the sliding door on the west side of my apartment open for the better part of the day. It was really nice to take an afternoon nap to the gentle sound and cooling nature of the wind.

Last year's snowstorm and today's spring-like weather are unusual for early March. We don't usually get that much snow from one storm, let alone at this time of year. We also aren't accustomed to temperatures conducive to t-shirts and shorts right now.

The forecast has us back in the upper 40s on Monday, but what a treat it's been to have a few days to serve as a reminder of the kind of weather that will be here on a regular basis before long.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather difference here in DC caused me to lose my coat at the airport. This weather is just crazy. But I won't complain, I am thrilled to be warm. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home