Friday, March 06, 2009

Wanderlust

Lately I've wanted to be at home as much as possible. I suppose it comes with the territory when considering how busy I have been. I may get a little restless if I don't venture far from my apartment for a day or two, but mostly I'm content to be here.

However, I'm getting the itch to leave town. I haven't been more than thirty miles from home since going to a basketball game in Dayton in late December. In this day and age it seems almost incomprehensible to me that I've been able to remain within such a small circle for more than two months. Such lack of travel certainly makes the gas tank and wallet a little fuller, but how have I managed not to leave the greater Columbus area once in 2009?

That's one reason why I'm looking forward to attending a film festival in Cleveland this month and one in Champaign, Illinois next month. Both events are familiar to me--I've been going to the latter since 2001--so neither will provide a totally new change of scenery for me for a few days, just a break from what I ordinarily see.

Still, there's something inside me ready to hightail it out of here for a short bit. I like the area and where I live, but every once in awhile I need to go somewhere else for some unknown reason.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's something similar to cabin fever. You have to get out of your circle every now and then so that you can have the joy of returning home. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home