Sunday, March 01, 2009

Lost and found

Ever have the experience of looking for something and not finding it but uncovering something else that had been misplaced?

In preparation for doing my taxes, I searched for a pay stub from a freelance writing gig. I knew the location of this document for months, but now I have no clue where it has gone. As I dug through a stack of papers I ended up finding a knitting pattern that is no longer available on the web.

The site that housed many of the free patterns from which I knitted my first dishcloths no longer exists. Naturally, this means the patterns have since vanished from the web. The Waved Welt Dishcloth in particular seems particularly missed as web searches have brought visitors to my blog looking for it. I even received a private message in my Ravelry inbox asking if I had a copy and would be willing to share.

I didn't see anything wrong with passing it along if I found it, but I was unable to unearth the pattern from my highly disorganized knitting things. Eventually someone else filled the person's request. I figured I must have recycled the printout or shoved it somewhere that I'd never find it if I went looking specifically for it. Sure enough, I didn't come across the pay stub I needed to find tonight, but the Waved Welt Dishcloth pattern surfaced. The lease I can do is knit it again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found it! Now just start looking for something else so you can find that pay stub.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

I can probably get by without finding it as I knew the amount. Come to think of it, I wonder if I could get the payer information from my online banking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home