Thursday, March 05, 2009

Whatever

What follows would have been considered unthinkable when I first decided to knit, but it should not be misconstrued as an indication that the mask is coming off. I'm still determined to remain the secret knitter.

At times, like this evening, there are moments when I simply don't care about staying secret. I had to stop at a local yarn shop to pick up another skein of Noro Kureyon for my scarf. In the parking lot I noticed a car with an old parking sticker from where I work. I briefly considered turning around before going in--being recognized would not be out of the question--but ultimately I just decided not to sweat it. Was I spotted? Beats me.

Despite stopping off to get some yarn, I was the first one at knit night, which is held at a restaurant. Even though I've been there and knitted plenty of times, I can feel a bit exposed sitting by myself and knitting while waiting for my food. Again, for whatever reason, I chucked any sense of insecurity about it and pulled out the needles before my order or another knitter arrived.

Is it growth? Was it fatigue from a busy couple of months at work? Who knows. Whatever.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

You're growing. :)

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I wasn't around to be early with ya at knit night. :D Hooray for shrugging off trepidations. Alright that's my big word for the day and it's only 7am...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home