Sunday, February 22, 2009

Contents

I'm off to an Oscars party. Knowing that show I'll be getting back late, so I'm dropping a quick post to get my daily minimum allowance of blogging.

Above you see what came in the Sticks N Stitches goody bag.

In last night's entry I neglected to mention that I enjoyed speaking with the fellow knitter next to me and her husband. After asking if everyone there was a knitter, her next question was what my Ravelry screen name is.

I'm sure there are plenty of knitters who've never used Ravelry and have no idea what it is, but how indicative of the site's popularity and influence is it that Ravelry is taken for granted as just another tool in the knitter's bag (so to speak)? And that site is still in beta.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great shot of the bag. :) It is funny how wide spread Ravelry has become so quickly. I don't know that I would have been able to do the first Sticks N Stitches last year without it. :)

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Okay, that's an awesome goody bag. And while I could see why the pink messenger bag wouldn't turn you on, it's seriously adorable. :)

Ravelry is becoming ubiquitous among knitters--it's pretty amazing the impact it's had already!

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

Awesome goodies,and lovely bag, shame about the colour.

I've met knitters here in South Africa that I would never have found if it hadn't been for Ravelry. I went to the knitting/spinning/weaving guild meeting with a friend and she was stunned at how many people I "knew". All Ravelry buddies from the South African group...

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Carol said...

What? Isn't everyone on Ravelry? :wink:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home