Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sticks N Stitches

The second Sticks N Stitches took place at tonight's Columbus Blue Jackets game. (Perhaps I ought to qualify that statement by saying it's the second one that I know of.) Like last year, I came away with a nice haul at this year's event. You'd never know I didn't win one of the door prizes (and honestly, pretty much anyone else would likely be more deserving of the additional gifts).

LittleWit, who organized our local celebration mingling hockey and knitting, did a fine job coordinating it all and soliciting donations for the goody bags, including the pink corduroy messenger bags from Namaste that stored the other freebies. All right, even if I don't feel like knitting is a challenge to my masculinity, you're not going to see me toting around a pink bag. I have to draw the line somewhere. Still, I can appreciate how impressive of a get the bag is.

I landed all knitting magazines--no crochet here!--and a skein of Caledon Hills worsted wool in the Moose colorway. Maybe another hat is in my future.

The Blue Jackets laid an egg against the Anaheim Ducks, so the game itself left something to be desired. The Sticks N Stitches part, though, was run exceptionally well, especially in comparison to my experience at a Stitch N' Pitch last summer. Unlike last year, I do not expect any non-knitter rants appearing in next Sunday's letters to the sports editor column. It probably didn't hurt that a youth hockey team was seated behind the rows of knitters, but we all were contained better this year despite the game being sold out.

So, great work LittleWit. From my vantage point the attendees seemed happy. Hope you enjoyed your ride on the Zamboni during the first intermission.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Carol said...

It was nice to meet you last night and talk about knitting and hockey. Too bad the Jackets didn't play better but there were some good fights, eh?

Hope to see you again sometime!
SailorCarol

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

If you need a home for that bag...I do love pink ;)

Sounds like a neat event! Glad you had fun.

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Zamboni ride was a blast. Thanks for the kind words. I am glad everything went so smoothly and that you had fun. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home