Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wipeout

All right, I may have had an irrational freakout about market bag patterns, although I'm still not convinced, especially with the handles and the drawstring. Did I mention handles?

It may have something to do with the two knitting needle holders in need of finishing that, for almost a year, have been buried like the tell-tale heart, except I haven't cut them into pieces or anything so rash. But single crochet, backstitching...uh, what? Handles and drawstrings just seem like two more things to leave me with a UFO.

I'll also allow that I was (and am) really tired. When you're eating at least two meals every day at work (and three on one occasion), you know you've been there too long and too late. So I'm cranky this week, although some of this extra effort is being put into a freelance project that ought to wipe out most of the debt I'll have from that stupidly expensive kidney stones-related emergency room visit.

I'm mostly happy how that's turned out--that's a relative kind of happiness--but the last thing I needed was to be at the office for eleven-plus hours again this week. Imagine editing mind-numbing video about second graders learning how to read and practicing it. Yes, it can be as tedious as it sounds, but the money is good.

So yeah, I was grumpy and dense when I wrote last night. It's not really much different tonight either, but the ol' brain is processing a little more clearly twenty-four hours later.

And yes, I would be grateful for some help at a future knit night, although the Stanley Kubrick retrospective going on here for the next month may put the pinch on how many times I'm there in future weeks. And of course I know (or knew) how to pick up stitches from last summer's semi-successful (and semi-failure) knitting socks. Or a sock, as the case is.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, here's the one my LYS lady picked out for us to do in August: http://dorkybestfriend.typepad.com/blog/2007/03/the_string_bag.html

Maybe it's a bit easier? There are a lot of needles involved - I bought the dpns last night - but take a look. I haven't really looked at it. If I'm taking a class like this, I try not to look at the pattern in advance; I have freak-outs as well! Haha!

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap! Ok, I'll email the link to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home