Thursday, July 03, 2008

Grab bag

Notes from a day working from home for a bit and then being lazy in general...

A regular work day has a whole different rhythm when you're not in the office or interacting with others. The hours seems to last longer, believe it or not, but maybe that's because I didn't get a whole lot accomplished...

In the afternoon I went out for a walk in the rain so I could squeeze in my exercise for the day. I heard an unusual bird call and scanned the area to see if I could spot it. Turns out it was a blue jay making a sound like a squeaky hinge. Either I'd never heard a blue jay (unlikely) or never given its song a second thought...

The NHL free agent market opened on Tuesday. I've been rabidly reading a Blue Jackets message board to stay on top of news and rumors of the team's moves. Ladies, you wouldn't believe the emotional fragility exhibited by the presumably male-dominated commenters over player signings or trades. Or maybe you would...

At knit night I heard that there had been a fire at Malabrigo's mill in Uruguay. Going by the message on their front page, they went almost a month without shipping anything because most of the yarn in the warehouse could not be salvaged...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! All that beautiful Malabrigo yarn! Sniff, sniff.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Blue jays have a call, but they can also mimic other sounds. Perhaps you heard one mimicking a door! :)

Poor Malabrigo. I love that stuff way too much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home