Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Midterm

Hmm, no FOs in June, due in part to mitigating circumstances such as a seemingly endless WIP, work obligations, and kidney stones. My knitting production for the first half of the year has been less than impressive, though, so maybe those excuses don't cut it.

I've picked up a few minor tricks of the trade this year, but it's fair to say my learning curve has slowed considerably. Rechecking my 2008 knitting resolutions shows how little I've accomplished. Let's go down the list, shall we?

-Learn how to do cables.

Not a clue.

-Finish a pair of socks.

You must be joking.

-Finish the knitting needle covers.

Sigh. No.

-Learn how to read charts.

Maybe a little. Maybe.

-Design something.

I've sort of designed something, although the final version of what I want to make is languishing due to my intarsia ignorance. Which leads to...

-Figure out color work.

I kind of understand (or understood when I tried it) double knitting. I've worked with two colors on the ballband dishcloths and am using two colors on my current WIP. I can't give myself full credit, but this goal is closer to being achieved than most of these items.

-Knit a sweater.

Surely you jest.

-Blog every day.

We have a winner, although the job is just slightly more than halfway done.

-Take better care of myself.

In good conscience I don't think I can give myself passing marks here.

So, umm, the good news is that there's still about half a year to turn this around, right? Right?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am fully confident you still have time to accomplish all of these goals this year. You might just want to start *now*. :) Oh and there's no rule that says your first sweater can't be for a baby/child/dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home