Monday, January 21, 2008

At a standstill

All right, it is really starting to bug me that I'm not knitting. I've gone a week again without doing any. I've certainly done my share of procrastinating from what I ought to have been doing this weekend--writing movie reviews--but I just haven't had the burning desire to pick up the needles.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Sure, I have a bunch of other work that still needs to get done. (And I thought the year-end film stuff was finished now that the awards are over... Ha!) Putting those concerns out of my mind didn't seem to be a problem in the past when it came to finding time to knit.

Do I blame the writer's strike? I'm recording less television. Since I almost always have the TV on when I knit, the lack of new programming means I'm missing my background noise. (Yeah, that's just the thing to get the writers to cut a deal. I called their work background noise.)

I don't know what's going on. I feel distracted. I expect it will pass, but I'm irritated nonetheless.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

i go through periods like this, too, but i try not to worry about it. i try to never let knitting become obligatory (just like blogging for me lol) because i know that takes the fun out of it. i'm sure you'll get back to it when you are good and ready.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Amanda D Allen said...

If it is knitting background noise you are looking for, I suggest podcasts and audiobooks. I love them while I knit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home