Thursday, November 01, 2007

October knitting progress report

It's the first of the month. Time to take a look at the big board for last month's knitting tally:

1 blanket
1 hat
1 newborn hat

That's good enough to qualify as the beginning of a rebound.

In October I learned magic loop knitting, if figuring out the simplicity of it can be called "learning". I got my Ravelry invite, which introduced me to a horn of plenty for patterns and a knit night to attend. It's not as though I was feeling like less of a knitter, but I don't feel as stuck as I was during those late summer months. I might even give socks another go.

I'm mostly resigned to the fact that all sweater-related goals set forward in my new year's knitting resolutions will not be achieved. I can deal with that.

From the Department of Shooting Fish in a Barrel, I have pledged my participation in National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo. With the exception of a few days, I've blogged practically every day this year. (In a fit of foolhardiness I made a post to my film blog with the idea being that perhaps I'll try to dailyblog there as well.) I've written before about the challenge to and reward for me that dailyblogging has delivered, so I'll save that repeat sermon for some other time.

Along those lines, welcome to those of you visiting for the first time. I point you to the primer in the sidebar. It hasn't been updated in awhile, but it should provide sufficient backstory to understand why I took up knitting, why I don't blog under my name, and what kind of insane Christmas gift goals I set for myself as a neophyte knitter.

Past progress reports: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, and September

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Blogging every day would make me crazy, I think! I'm trying to juggle work, kids, time to knit, keeping up the homefront and a little romance. LOL I admire your goal, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home