Sunday, October 28, 2007

Picture day

Here I am modeling the ribbed beanie. From all appearances I'm ready to go cat-burgling or whaling.

Do you have any idea how many attempts are required to take a decent enough photo of the top of one's head? Several.

I include this photo since it's the best representation of the blacker than black yarn. The picture doesn't have enough nose room to earn above the fold placement.

This is the Lorna's Laces yarn I'll be using to make a similar hat for one of my brothers. To my eyes it looks darker than it appears in the photo.

And in a shocking twist, that's all I have to say today. Oh, except there's this tidbit that I've forgotten the last few days... I won second place (and a set of stitch markers) in my International Scarf Exchange 5 group's contest.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Oh! I see how the ribbing works now. It's beautiful! I hope you enjoy working with the Lorna's Laces -- people rave about those yarns.

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning hat! Congratulations on your contest win too.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Karen said...

The hat is fabulous! I'm definitely making those now!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats on the contest win, and that hat pics are GREAT! I think I might have to make a few of those, too.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Magpie said...

Nice hat. Where'd you get the pattern?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home