Monday, July 09, 2007

Careful, seriously

To the heel turn!

Yesterday I pointed out that the instructions were forcing me to pay extra careful attention to what I should be doing. And how. Yet somewhere along the line I got a stitch way off from where it should have been. I can't really describe what happened. I wasn't even sure what was up until it was too late. Anyway, on my last row of the heel turn I did a sssk--yes, three slips--and no k of the last stitch because there wasn't one. There is definitely something not right. I can see it, but I think I can get away with this mistake. It's most noticeable on the wrong side, but even then, we're talking about something that will be on the bottom of the foot. I know my track record should warn me off leaving this error...

Perhaps it's because the other socks I've made were knitted in a different manner, but this pattern seems to add unnecessary complications. It doesn't help that there's been a sizable gap since I finished a sock and returned to working the trickier parts of another, albeit one that isn't in the same pattern. I'm finding that I get to spots and have to think about (or look up) what I'm supposed to do. I nearly slipped the stitches purlwise for ssk and saved myself that grief by double checking how the technique is supposed to be done.

I guess what I'm getting at are familiar themes for me with knitting. A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, and I need to stay in practice. Oh, and I need to remember to be patient.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home