Thursday, July 05, 2007

Alright

I'm back on track!

The sock in Knit Picks Essential Tweed is being worked in the right direction again after hours of unknitting. I know that we learn more from making mistakes than doing things the proper way, but I was getting sick of an education in fixing my screw-ups. There will be plenty more to come, no doubt. I wouldn't mind if the character building was delayed for awhile, though.

What else is new? The absence of the Favorite Color Swap 2 blog on my Blogger dashboard (and the internet) tipped me off that Favorite Color Swap 3 will be taking place in the near future. Get in line.

Is there something I'm missing with the Harry Potter phenomenon being a big thing among knitters? I've read the books and seen the films, so I'm not questioning the popularity. My casual observation is that there are a lot of knitterly activities around all things Potter, which I guess I didn't expect. I finally pre-ordered my copy of the seventh book, and I'm going to a press screening of the fifth film tomorrow. I don't see myself knitting a scarf in one of the house colors, though. That's a bit much for me. But knock yourself out if that's your thing.

OK, is that enough padding for today's entry? It'll have to do.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Karen said...

There are numerous references to knitting in the Harry Potter books, Mark. Hermione knits. Dumbledore even comments at one point that he likes the muggle magazines for the knitting patterns. :-) And then, then, "Charmed Knits" was released. Look up that book on Amazon. You'll see what is fueling the craze.

So happy to read you're back on track with your socks!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

It goes to show what one can be attuned to. I read the books in my pre-knitting days, so it's not like I took notice of any knitting references.

I tend to notice anything knitting-related in films these days, though.

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a knitter when I read the books and I still missed the knitting references, most unlike me. I can't see myself knitting Harry Potter stuff either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home