Sunday, April 29, 2007

One for the road

In the end it turned out not to matter that I didn't have a knitting project to dedicate myself to while at the festival. If I get none done before the closing day film, I'll have completed only five rows. I probably would have finished more if I were knitting in a way familiar to me, but I've needed a dpn adjustment period. Plus, I can't get past the fact that time has been a lot tighter during the festival than I expected it to be.

I reread the ssk instructions a few times before it finally clicked. (Initially I didn't get how it was any different from k2tog.) I was so focused on doing ssk right that I jumped the gun and did it after knitting the stitches on my first dpn. I caught my mistake before I wound up with a mess on my hands, but it was yet another reminder to slow down. It's not easy to do since the festival experience is hurry up and wait. I'm in a rush eating lunch right now as I know I need to get to the theater.

I depart Champaign this afternoon, but before I leave I am going to get some Cotton-Ease just because. I've enjoyed attending three film festivals within the past month and a half, but it will be good to get home and concentrate on getting everything ready for the move. 27 days and counting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home