Thursday, January 22, 2009

And the award goes to...

Today was the big day for my other blogging beat, but I'm not here to talk about film award nominations.

In the spirit of those other awards, I'm curious what you would nominate if there were knitting bests to vote on. Be it the best pattern, yarn, knitting tool, personal FO, or whatever else strikes your fancy, what were the crowning achievements in knitting for 2008?

I have a tendency to make the same thing multiple times and a limited view of what yarn is out there, but passing on answering won't cut it since I raised the question and ought to play along, so...

Best Personal FO for 2008 is, without a doubt, the Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks scarf. It was the perfect marriage of pattern and yarn.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm best FO of 2008 would probably have to be Liesl the Long. Now if only it would warm up enough that I can wear it! :)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Best yarn for me last year was Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Like wearing pillows!

Best knitting-related craziness would be the Ravelympics.

And best FO is my medal-winning Endpaper Mitts, which I wear on my walk to school nearly every day!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

My modified Fetchings. I wore them every day during winter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home