Tuesday, January 20, 2009

More remainders

Is a Monday holiday really a day off when you're twice as busy on Tuesday? What does that matter to you, you say? It means more remainders of previously blogged topics, I say.

I'm only in the third week of my resolution to eat better and eat less but so far, so good. I've used the Crock Pot to roast beef, pork tenderloin, and ham along with some vegetables. (Note to self: if you put vegetables in with ham, they will pick up a strong ham taste.)

The intention (and practice to date) is to make the food on Sunday, which gives me a week's worth of lunches and/or suppers. Yes, it can get boring, although I try not to eat the same thing for those two meals every day. Still, the preparation takes a lot of the uncertainty and easy alternatives/bad inclinations out of the mix. That's been an enormous help.

Since no weighing is part of this self-developed plan, I can't speak to any quantifiable data proving success, but I'm fairly sure I've dropped a few pounds. As I go along it will be more apparent, but I think I'm on the right course.

Let's see, what else is going on... Oh yeah, there was an inauguration today. I was too busy to pay real close attention to everything, but seeing the turnout in D.C. and around the TVs where I work can't help but make me feel hopeful that we're going to get things turned in the right direction. Maybe the unity will just be for a day, and maybe the complaints that were already coming from the new President's supporters even before he'd taken the oath will get higher pitched. But maybe things are different for the better now. Let's hope so.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

I streamed the inauguration live from CNN so I wouldn't miss it.

If you get sick of the repetitiveness of the meals you could always freeze some in single portions to use later.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I avoided all the inauguration mess as much as possible. It doesn't interest me regardless of the person taking office, but the ridiculous fawning by the media was just too much.

I saw very little, but I saw little unity in all honesty. My complaints about the new President began long before the inauguration and will continue as long as he pursues paths I feel are wrong for our country. As many exercised their right to complain about Pres. Bush, I see no reason that I should not exercise my right to complain about Pres. Obama, beginning with the over the top Obama-mania being fed to the public by the media but started by the man himself and his backers.

Okay, political rant over.

I try to cook three different entrees on the weekend. I freeze half of each and eat the other half during the week. Sometimes I get bored with the sameness and try to liven up the same old, same old with different herbs or spices when I heat it up.

I've also found that heating up leftovers in the oven, rather than the microwave, generally results in a better taste, which results in a more satisfying meal.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to come up with a solution for my lunches. I think buying some greens will be on our grocery list this week. I have really been craving salad lately.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home