Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still more remainders

I'm attending to other work that needs to get done and between projects, so I'm at something of a loss for blog content. Yep, it's another day of following up on previous topics. Bear with me.

As previously reported, the temporary cold weather beard is gone, but the cold weather isn't. If you were wondering if the facial hair did make a difference in the fight against the winter chill, the answer is absolutely.

It hasn't been as brutally cold as the end of last week, but we've still been having single digit morning temperatures and daily highs below twenty. And then there's the wind chill. We've had a solid cold spell, although supposedly it's to begin warming up, if you consider breaking the freezing point warm.

Anyway, the scraggly beard may have made me look like I was ready to ride the rails, but it did fend off the frigid air more effectively than I realized. Once it was gone, my clean shaven cheeks could feel the slap of the cold weather. That'll wake you up in the morning.

On a side note, I found it interesting that the hobo look brought no comments, not that I was seeking any. (I'm not counting those who read this blog as I'd already introduced it as a potential topic of conversation.) Similarly, there have been no comments regarding losing the scruff. I certainly notice the difference shaving (and not shaving) made in my appearance, so I'm not sure what to make of the non-reaction or if there's anything to make of it.

I really need to find something more worthy of writing about...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will grow a beard to protect against the wind. That sounds cozy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home