Monday, January 19, 2009

Remainders

Touching upon some things mentioned previously...

Having finally completed the guitar portion of Guitar Hero: World Tour for the Wii, I must say that the song selection leaves quite a bit to be desired. While I'm up on the music scene, I'm not necessarily plugged in to what's on the radio. Still, I get the sense that there are a fair number of songs that aren't widely known. The hard rock (or active rock or whatever they're calling it these days) picks surely are confined to that genre. I haven't a clue where the Spanish rock offerings came from. Between these less well-known choices and some pop songs whose inclusion feels like a test for future niche games, I'm disappointed in what's available to be played. And please, enough with the epic-length songs too.

Reading at least one book each month wasn't one of my resolutions, but perhaps I should make an effort to do that. January can be checked off as I've finished The Areas of My Expertise by John Hodgman. It's light reading that can be picked up and put down at a moment's notice, which is good for my packed month. I found it to be consistently funny, even if the conceit of an almanac of false facts peters out now and then.

Yesterday I posted about an actress whose convincing on-screen knitting is due to her being a knitter. I should have clicked on the next item in my search before posting because this article goes into more detail about her knitting.

Finally, by request and gauntlet throwdown, I present photographic proof of my cold weather beard. (You'll have to follow that link as I'm not posting it here. I don't want to see it.) It took eleven days of not shaving to produce all that scruff. It's being sheared off tonight because I'm not going on TV looking like that and because I'm tired of it even if it's just now starting to look like a beard.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds wicked cool. Maybe we could go hang out and knit with her? :)

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Not bad at all! Noel's shaving off his, too. I have mixed feelings, but I'm mostly glad. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home