Friday, November 14, 2008

Corrective

For whatever reason I wasn't feeling too swift all week. If it was built up stress catching up with me, hopefully things have evened out by now. Today marked a right step in correcting the lousiness I felt all week. Although I'm speaking more of having felt run down and grouchy, it didn't hurt that two knitting dilemmas got fixed this morning.

First of all, I found the missing Options needle and cable it was still attached to. I have a habit of putting things in places where I tell myself I'll remember and then promptly forgetting such clever locations. I also have a habit of stacking things as an "organizational" principle, meaning that the needle and cable were underneath a CD box set. I'm glad I found the needle because I'm knitting the hat so quickly that I may have it finished tomorrow. If I hadn't found it, chances are I would have been waiting until next weekend for the replacement needles to arrive.

I've also identified the yarn with the missing ballband. I had a pretty good idea what kind of yarn it is, but narrowing it down to two possibilities still left me in search of a definitive answer. I took the yarn in question to the place where I purchased it several months ago. The color, one of those numerical vagaries, is still in question, but the store employee was able to provide a confident verdict between the two options. Another problem solved.

Another bright spot for the day was finding the yarn for my sister-in-law's scarf. I had a pattern in mind even though I wasn't sure it would work so well in the requested gray/silver. I ended up going against the recommended color and picking the hand dyed Misti Alpaca worsted weight you see up top because I think the stitch will look beautiful in this yarn. When I first asked, she said her favorite color was blue, so I'm of the opinion that this yarn will produce something far more interesting and acceptable. I can't wait to start knitting it.

It feels nice to have been able to take it easy today and recuperate from whatever was dragging me down the past few days. I'm looking forward to a weekend of little demands on my time. I expect there's much knitting to be done. Parking myself on the couch is what I need right about now.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Blogger Amanda D Allen said...

It is a fantastic pattern, and the only one I've done to date where all the pattern making is on the purl side. I hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for identifying the yarn. I think it will knit up nicely in that pattern. Can't wait to see it. :) Let me know how those p3togs go.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Oh, Holding Hands Feeding Ducks is going to look AWESOME in that yarn. Be patient learning the star stitch -- sharp-pointed needles help. It's going to be a stunner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home