Saturday, November 08, 2008

Hibernation mode

For the most part this fall has been warmer than usual. Football weather doesn't usually mean wearing short sleeves, but until this afternoon, game day has typically seen the crowds dressed as though we're in late summer. I can't say that I mind too much, especially on the Saturdays when I'm keeping the official gridiron statistics, but I've missed the season's cooler--but not cold--temperatures.

Today was definitely on the chilly side with the mercury rising no more than the high 40s. I don't know that I'm ready to pull out a heavier coat, but the briskness in the air felt more appropriate to the season and the early darkness. I came home from the game and conked out for a short but deep sleep that felt like hibernation in miniature.

Now that I've shaken off the lethargy brought on by being in the cold and enduring another hectic week, I'm ready to take it easy for the rest of the weekend and maybe finish knitting my brother's scarf. I potentially had one or two movies on my docket for Sunday, but at the moment I don't feel like leaving home for more than church and lunch.

I frogged about twelve rows on the scarf tonight. During knit night I lost my place on a couple rows and ended up with some ribbing instead of moss stitch. Easy fix, no big deal. I have about a foot more to knit, which could mean three hours tops if my productivity the other evening is an appropriate gauge. I should be able to do that on a Sunday afternoon without any problem, but we'll see if I get bored with it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how the cool weather showed up the day I needed to spend doing yard work. :) Thankfully it was warm enough that all I needed was a sweater and my down vest. Did you guys win yesterday?

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

Nope, we--or they, depending how you want to look at it--got stomped as expected. (The competition has won 17 straight conference titles.) Still, a win next week should lead to the first playoff appearance in school history.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Lovely photo! I am grateful for the cool temps. It makes being at work so much more tolerable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home