Wednesday, November 05, 2008

He doesn't know why

The end of the election cycle left me feeling flattened this evening. In other words, I took two naps after work. I don't really have anything to say today, so how about a music video?



I picked "He Doesn't Know Why" because I'm a big fan of Fleet Foxes' self-titled album and thought this would be a nice, mellow selection for a post-campaign time. As I mentioned when I wrote about seeing them in concert last month, there's the potential for them to seem hippy-dippy. The video will not dispel such a notion. Good grief, just look at the still in the video player.

Nevertheless, I like the visual texture of the piece. It looks like it could have been shot forty years ago (and sounds like it too, for that matter). In this instance it's a plus.

I've been hungering for some classic rock n' roll sounds in new music this year. Fleet Foxes don't bring the crunch and swagger of, say, The Raconteurs or The Hold Steady, but there's room for folk-like harmonies too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home