Monday, November 10, 2008

Back where it all began

Here's a better look at my brother's scarf. The natural light makes it look a lot better.

Maybe this shot gives a better idea of why the pattern reminds me of waves. Or not.

And one more for good measure.

I started knitting a hat for the Christmas at Sea program and was feeling pretty good about it. I'm nearly done with the cuff, and the color is perfect for its intended recipient, whoever that may be. I was also really glad that I cracked the problem of the Moebius strip effect that was plaguing me earlier in the year. I don't know how I did a bunch of hats without having it happen and now can't make one free of this issue until now...or so I thought.

Of course, there's a reason why I wrote about my positive feelings in the past tense. Looking at the hat now, I'm 100% certain that the 23 rows I've knit will all have to be frogged. I swear I'm not twisting the stitches. I'm going to blame the cable for twisting and making it harder for me to figure out what's happening. As good as I was feeling about the project, I've suddenly lost my taste for it. Ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. Maybe it's a better night to nap than to knit. I have that problem sometimes. :)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Doniamarie said...

Great looking scarf!

I hate joining stuff in the round, especially with screwy cables. I understand; I feel your pain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home