Saturday, November 01, 2008

Downtown

Some photos not taken in the voting line yesterday... Above is a view of downtown Columbus from my car at Neil and near Long.

After voting I decided to stop in at Tip Top Kitchen and Cocktails for lunch. I'd eaten at this downtown establishment once before months ago and really liked it, and I was not disappointed with the pot roast sandwich on a pretzel roll and a side of sweet potato fries. Unbelievably good.

The Ohio Statehouse. Umm, I parked my car underneath it while I had lunch.

It is a little weird seeing the disembodied head of Andy Warhol gazing at downtown while walking south on 3rd to Broad St.

Yeah, it was pretty bright yesterday afternoon. This is the north side of the statehouse.

Looking east from the northwest side of the statehouse lawn. I imagine this will be a slightly busier place for the Obama rally Sunday.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Ruth's Place said...

I love seeing your pictures of your local area.

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ate ice cream on the Court House steps once when I was working at the Prosecutor's office. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home