Monday, August 25, 2008

The future is now

Decisions, decisions. I'm market bag-ed out for the time being, so what to knit now?

Now would be the appropriate time to make something for the Red Scarf Project. I don't think I've done any charity knitting this year, so this would be a worthwhile endeavor to participate in again.

Of course, it's never too early start thinking of beginning to knit Christmas gifts. I think I'm going to back off on the amount of stuff I make for family this year, mainly because I don't know if it's wanted or appreciated. Plus, I've done scarves. I've done hats. I'm not doing gloves, at least not for that many people. Maybe for myself eventually.

I am entertaining the notion of knitting the ridiculously popular Clapotis for my mother, though. If I don't make it for her, I'll have no reason to ever attempt the project that Ravelers can't get enough of.

Without looking at anything I'm trying to conceive how one purls through the front and back. (For the moment I can't make a mental image of knitting through the back loop, and I had plenty of practice doing that.) I'd also have to look up ssk again because I don't think I'd been doing it right during my mixed success knitting socks last year and don't remember how to perform the technique.

Other than those readily solvable issues, the pattern looks easy enough to knit as long as I am able to keep my place in it. I'm sure a few of you reading have made it. Thoughts, suggestions, warnings?

Is there something else I should contemplate knitting next? (Despite my knitting resolution, don't bother suggesting a sweater, though. I absolutely will not be making one this year.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knittinghelp has a video on pfb. It's pretty much the same concept as kfb. http://www.knittinghelp.com/apps/flash/video_player/play/107/1

The clapotis isn't overly tricksy and once you get into the straight rows it's pretty easy to memorize. :)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Doniamarie said...

I think you should do the Clapotis. I've been eying it but I tend to wait until things become unpopular! (I'm slow, after all.)

If you're feeling adventurous, you could do your other sock! The first one looks so good!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger donnadb said...

Clapotis is a long slog, at least for a slowpoke like me, although your mom would love it and it's not at all hard (use the spreadsheet that's available to keep track of where you hare). But I vote for the Red Scarf. I need to do my own, after all -- I've been hoarding red yarn for it! Maybe something cabled?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home