Saturday, August 23, 2008

So the I is for idiot, eh?

Binding off, knitting a handle, and weaving in ends are all that remain on my second Everlasting Bagstopper. I don't know how this one was knitted as fast as it has been, but I'm not complaining. In fact, I'm pleased that I've found that groove I had back when I was learning the basics and knitting scarves just about every other day.

The big news is that I'm going to try Donna's braided I-cord handle suggestion. I took another look at Knitting Help's "How to Make I-cord" tutorial and understood it. I have no idea why it didn't click for me when I watched it before. The best I can guess is that it seemed like a new thing to learn, which caused my brain to rebel and refuse to absorb the lesson. And I didn't want to add dpns to the mix.

Assuming I don't break my hands in the next twenty-four hours, I think it's safe to say that I'll have a new FO to show off tomorrow and a second Ravelympics medal to claim. It'll be a nice way to cap my long vacation too.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics of the Oval in your last post.

Way to go. Looks like you are nearly two for two.

Regarding the i-cord, and any new skill. Amazing how a new skill can be so daunting, then suddenly it clicks. An i-cord handle will be cool.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Well, look at you go! i-cord isn't so tough. Can't wait to see how it looks. And braids? You'll be cool Uncle Mark who can do hair! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home