Friday, August 22, 2008

In the round

Between my second and third films of the day I found time to knit in The Oval at Ohio State. There was bench in a nice, cool spot under a tree, so I set up shop for awhile and continued on the market bag. Can't say that I got a lot done--less than I expected to do this afternoon, actually--but it was a welcome pause in the day nonetheless.

I'm not sure what I think of the variegated yarn's look now that I've knitted one ball of it. There's more white in it than I would prefer. I don't know what I expected, except that it isn't exactly what I'm making. I'm not dissatisfied with what I've done, just uncertain if I like it or not. I can be weird this way, but I'll probably come around.

Well, if I'm to get this finished by the time the closing ceremony at the Beijing Olympics ends, I better stop blogging and start knitting.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Looks great to me! You never know how an ombre is going to knit up exactly, but chances are that if it has streaks of white, that those are going to be prominent in the look.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

i agree w/ donna b - love the way the colors are coming out. your knit break sounds very peaceful...i could use one away from the stress of trying to put our nursery together right now, but instead am trying to accomplish the same thing by procrastinating w/ some blog reading...just doesn't give me the same sense of calm, ya know? soooo...off to knit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home