Thursday, August 21, 2008

Citius, Altius, Fortius?

I've placed no expectations upon myself regarding my second Everlasting Bagstopper and the Ravelympics. I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to finish it by Sunday night, and anyway, I've already marched to the top of the podium. Completing this market bag in the next few days would be all bonus.

After ripping through one skein during knit night, though, I'm inclined to believe that I might be able to get it done by the deadline. A quick measurement shows that the body of the bag is halfway finished, although I'm not sure how accurate my measuring is. Regardless, I made terrific progress tonight.

I have a love/hate relationship with deadlines, which I suppose is the same for most people. I know that my motivation is stronger when deadlines are in place, even if that motivation sometimes doesn't kick in until near the zero hour. One of the reasons I wanted to participate in Ravelympics was the extra incentive it provides to accomplish a task. It pushes me a little more to discover what I can do. Will I be up to the challenge over the next three days? We'll see.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you can get it done. :) Especially if you can spend just one more evening whipping out a whole ball's worth of knitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home