Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back to the life

I might be farther along on this hand towel than I realized. I compared it to a different hand towel I made and found that it has maybe 40% of the that towel's length. I'm not that far in the pattern, but I may settle for something shorter than what the pattern specifies. (Some quick math also suggests that the pattern may be incorrect in the number of repeats it lists, but I'll reassess as I get closer to a workable length for me.)

I wasn't feeling as bored with knitting this today, which may have to do with not feeling as restless about things in general. I've worked a lot in the last month and had plenty of additional stresses there that have done nothing to brighten my mood. Then there were those pesky kidney stones a week ago and general (although likely unfounded) concern about my health. Call it a mini-existential crisis.

With all that in mind, I've taken it very easy this weekend. I haven't ventured more than three miles from my apartment the past three days. I've slept a fair amount, watched a lot of sports and The Office (US edition) on DVD, and let myself recover. The slow repetition in the current WIP has become less maddening as I have gotten my groove back, so to speak.

I'm still on the warpath regarding the Russian or Chinese site stealing the content of this blog and many others. (It's back up. Hello to the thief, who I know from site traffic visits regularly.) But I'm less angst-ridden than I'd been, which means you don't have to read that nonsense for awhile, hopefully.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Karen said...

The knitting looks good, Mark! I think you deserve to take it easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home