Thursday, March 13, 2008

Back into the cave

I'm going to make this quick because I desperately need to get some sleep. I rose at 6:15 a.m., was on the road by 6:50, and pulled into the parking area underneath Tower City Center around 8:50. My first film began at 9:30 a.m., and my last one ended near 11:30 p.m. So it has been a full day.

The nice thing is that I'm not tired. I rode out the logy parts of the day without too much difficulty and was alert from mid-afternoon on. My eyes didn't do that weird thing when it seems like they're losing focus from being too tired. Perhaps my "nap" before one film helped. I took a seat a half hour before the Public Enemy documentary and closed my eyes for fifteen minutes. I didn't sleep, but I felt somewhat refreshed afterwards.

Anyway, Ruth's questions in the comments to yesterday's post have given me the idea for tomorrow's entry. I'm going to keep a log of what I do during the day. Prepare to be astonished and horrified by film critic life during a festival. The best part about it is that I'll be able to have it written by the time I get back to the hotel. I'll just have to type it up.

All right, it's time for me to hit the sack. Enjoy the unseasonably warm weather while I'm holed up in dark auditoriums for sixteen hours.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool, looking forward to it!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm also looking forward to the log...fun idea. And I didn't know the film fest was two weekends long here. Have fun and I'll keep in touch via email if I think I'm gonna be downtown at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home