Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Paid forward

As regular readers should know, I am fond of getting mail. Well, good mail, although I think that is implied. It's always a pleasant surprise to receive something unexpected. Such a package arrived this week.

You may remember that I pledged to participate in the Pay It Forward exchange. I have yet to live up to my end of the bargain, although a certain project that was giving me fits a week ago just might have something to do with fulfilling part of it. Out of the blue I received a scarf from Jennifer, who was doing her part in paying it forward.

I have been in need of a shorter, heavier scarf, which is why I'm working on one currently, but the one she made for me comes at a perfect time. The weather has turned cold again, and the scarf she knitted specially for me will be very handy. I wore it today and will be toting it along back from the area where it came when I go to the film festival this weekend.

So, thanks Jennifer! I've enjoyed knitting things for others, including those I've come to know through this blog. It was equally nice to receive a handknit.

By the way, Jennifer recently broke a blogging dry spell for some important news that you all should check out and congratulate her on.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we get pictures of said scarf?

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

darn - i posted a long comment this morning, but i got an error and it looks like it didn't post afterall :(

so glad you received the scarf and that it is useful to you. i wasn't sure on the color or the length, but i knew you wanted a new scarf and i thought it turned out pretty well. i wish i would have been able to mail it sooner, but it seems it arrived just in time for the awful weather that's hitting the state.

be very careful on your trip to and from cleveland this weekend. i wish i could've made plans to get together w/ you, but so far it looks like i'll be swamped again. one of these days we'll finally meet and get to knit together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home