Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thud

The aftereffects of my film festival attending and sleep deprivation were liable to catch up with me. I'd peg the moment when they hit at 5:45 p.m. while struggling to stay awake through 10,000 BC. (Yes, I'm catching up on movies for the show despite having just seen an obscene number of films over the last four days.) Since I'm ready to crash, here's a quick post with a knitting update and information about a new knitting book.

I finished the second skein for the Ruggles Reversible Scarf last night. I estimate that I knitted seven inches during the festival, which isn't bad considering that I did it in fits and starts. A few minutes here, a few minutes there. Although I have the pattern memorized, it was difficult to see in the theaters, so that slowed me down a bit. I received a few words of knitting approval during the event, but mostly I think I confused everybody.

As far as knitting in the festival movies themselves, it was seen briefly in a documentary about Ethiopian women with medical problems stemming from childbirth injuries and in a scene from an old William Castle film with Joan Crawford working the needles.

One area where I don't expect interests to cross is knitting and indie rock, yet there it was today on Pitchfork. The music site featured a story about an upcoming knitting book by Kelley Deal of The Breeders. (And there's the Ohio connection too.) Bags That Rock: Knitting on the Road with Kelley Deal is due in October.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home