Monday, March 03, 2008

In the mood for procrastination

I need to be writing for another show tomorrow, but so help me, the motivation isn't there, and the panic hasn't set in yet. In the mood for procrastination, I picked up the scarf and finished the first skein instead. I got a little more than eighteen inches in length (and four to four and a half in width) out of it.

I used a center pull and didn't encounter any knots, so I can be persuaded to switch to this method permanently. I discovered that it is easier to work with yarn when the skein isn't flopping around, although you'll still have a hard time convincing me that I ought to wind hanks into anything more complicated than balls. (Basically it comes down to me being too lazy to bother learning. I'm feeling very stuck in my ways at the moment.)

As a mini follow-up to yesterday's gargantuan Arcade Fire post, here's an amateur video from the concert that was shot to my immediate right. (In other words, this guy was in the same box.) It's only parts of two songs, and the sound quality is distorted like crazy once "Rebellion (Lies)" begins. Still, this ought to show how ridiculously close I was.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

hey mark - i'm finally getting back around to reading some blogs. between not feeling well for weeks and my computer getting some nasty viruses and not letting me go to bloglines for some reason, i'm sooo behind!

thanks for the congrats and this scarf looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home