Monday, February 25, 2008

What's next

I ripped out the problematic project again while doing my late night Academy Awards viewing. Best I can guess is that I'm twisting the stitches when I join in the round. Curses! This was never an issue before, so I'm not sure why it has suddenly become one.

I've decided that it's time for me to make another scarf for myself. Those I made in my early knitting days are fine except for being too long. They're nice for wrapping around twice, but I have to stuff the ends in my coat pockets when I unwrap them. I'm getting a little sick of doing that.

While I could finally give cables a try with the oft-suggested Irish Hiking Scarf, I'm inclined to make the Ruggles Reversible Scarf that I made for the International Scarf Exchange. I liked how it looked and felt. It would be a little snazzier than the basic garter stitch scarves I've knitted.

I was going to order some yarn from Knit Picks today, but work kept interfering with those plans. I've been feeling too brain dead tonight to make a decision. The new catalog came in the mail today. The colors look a bit more accurate in print than what I see on their site, so perhaps I can carve out some lunch time on Tuesday to make a choice and place an order. This seems like a good project to have on hand at the film festival, which begins next week.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarn shopping is always a good thing. Hope you get time to make some purchases.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Yarn shopping is good! Can one have too much of a good thing? LOL I should just shop in my stash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home