Friday, November 09, 2007

Taking care of business

Let's take care of some old business first.

Today wasn't as relentlessly gray as the rest of the week has been, so I was finally able to take some pictures of the scarf I knitted for International Scarf Exchange 5. I've manipulated the color in the photo editor until it's close to how I think it looks.

I need to get a card to go with the package, and then this scarf will be Finland bound. How exciting.

Following up on the cliffhanger to yesterday's blog entry, I have managed to transfer the hat onto a 32" cable. I had the revelation that if I unscrewed one of the interchangeable needles from the 24" cable and put a cap in its place, then I could attach the working needle to a 32" cable and knit all the stitches onto it.

I'm not sure that it's making knitting the hat any easier. If anything, the excess cable gets in my way a lot. I feel like I'm being slowed down, but I'll see how it goes. I really like the tactile sensation of knitting with the Lorna's Laces yarn. This hat should be really comfortable for my brother to wear. The gray yarn--pewter, to be specific--is a solid color yet has some subtle variations that give the hat the appearance of being striped. I'm going to be tempted to keep this hat for myself. I could give my brother the hat I recently finished. Decisions, decisions...

For what it's worth, my standing offer to answer your questions (and give me something to blog about on those slow or otherwise inferior days) remains. Thanks for the couple of good ones that have already been submitted.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Karen said...

All the way to Finland. That scarf is beautiful, Mark. Well done.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

love the color of the scarf - green is one of my faves, so i'm in love w/ it! it looks fantastic and your finland recipient will be so happy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home