Sunday, February 17, 2008

Clippings

Having finished the first skein for the blanket, I decided to take my chances pulling the yarn from the center for the second. (My informal poll produced no consensus on the best method.) Lion Brand Homespun flops around a lot when using the end on the outside. I waste a lot of time unwinding yarn from the skein, so we'll see how the center pull works. I didn't have any problem finding the end buried in the middle, so I'm off to a good start. My primary concern is knots. I've lost hours trying to undo them while knitting previous projects, and I really don't want to go there again.

If you're wondering what a bunch of knitters at a hockey game look like, check out these pictures from last Sunday's Sticks N Stitches. (FYI, I am not lurking in any shots.) Here are some pics of the items for the goodie bags and door prizes.

With television being dreadfully boring of late, I have rediscovered programming that is good to have in the background while knitting. C-SPAN2's Book TV features interesting presentations and discussions that don't lose anything if I keep my eyes on my work instead of on the TV. Daniel Schorr's talk about his many years as a journalist and commentator was quite good, as was Michael Pollan's lecture and Q&A about his book In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually try to do a centre pull, in my experience, if you can find the centre easily then knots aren't (usually) a problem, if you have to hunt for it then there's sure to be knots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home