Friday, February 15, 2008

Actual knitting content

It's catch-up weekend in terms of movies, which means I had some time to kill between two films around lunchtime. There's a yarn shop near where I had been and my next cinematic stop, so I decided to pop in and knit for awhile.

I've only been there once before, but I was welcomed and recognized by the owner, which surprised me. I hadn't been there since October, but then again, I imagine I stand out a little more than the average customer.

It occurred to me tonight that this is the first time I've been in a yarn shop all year. If that isn't an indication of how busy I've been and how little knitting I've done, I don't know what is. I purchased a single skein of wool to be put to use for the Pay It Forward Exchange. I know what I'm going to make with it, but I'm not telling what it will be or whom it is for.

How pleasant to sit in the shop and knit for forty-five minutes. Listening to the conversation, I'm obviously not the only one who feels that way. I couldn't add anything to talk of hysterectomies and breast cancer, but I understand where the other knitters were coming from when discussing the stress reducing effect. Of course, you already know that.

I'm getting close to polishing off the first of five skeins for the blanket I'm knitting. At this rate it will be done in mid-April. So I'm in need of some other projects. My mother's birthday arrives in almost a month. I'm need to figure out what to take when I go to the film festival in Cleveland in three weeks. There are plenty of lags in the schedule for knitting to fill. Any suggestions?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must be time for you to try some easy lace :)

Glad you got to visit a yarn store. I haven't been in one for months, then again I need to knit down my stash before acquiring anything else...

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I've said it many times! Cables! Try the Irish Hiking Scarf, Mark. You only have to do something different every eighth row. Otherwise it's knit and purl. You won't have to concentrate too hard while at the film festival. What you learn can be transferred to other cabled items - hats, fingerless mitts - for gifts in the future.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

Seconded. Listen to Karen. Cables cables cables! They're magic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home