Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday scraps

Now that team assignments have been made, hello to my Dish Rag Tag teammates and competition. I'm really looking forward to this. I know some of you regulars are playing too, so it should be fun. Assuming I didn't overlook a name or make the wrong gender assumption based on names, I'm the only male out of 210 knitters in the game.

Having decided that there wasn't a compelling reason to go to day two of the NHL entry draft--"with this pick, this team selects some guy from an exotic sounding Canadian hinterland"--I had a whole day ahead of me with nothing planned. What else was there to do than be phenomenally lazy?

One time devourer was a basic and addictive game called WordBreaker. You choose a secret word, and the computer does likewise. You alternate guesses and indicate how many letters (but not positions) are correct. Eventually I was able to beat the computer at three and four letter words. The game is elegantly simple and maddeningly challenging, especially with longer words. I didn't keep track on paper of letters that could be eliminated as possibilities, but that would help keep things straight. Also, be careful in correctly answering the computer's questions. If you mess up, it will ultimately call you out on your mistakes.

I've now lived in my new apartment for a month. It's crazy how fast time passes. I still have plenty to unpack, although the majority of it is stashed in closets. So at least the place is starting to look more settled in.

And just because it's gone unremarked upon for awhile, I finally I cast on for my second sock.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Dishrag Tag? And you say sock knitters are a cult! Ha ha ha hahahaha

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

can't wait for our game of tag to begin...lookin' forward to team six winning : )

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger the secret knitter said...

Ooh, the trash talk has already started. ;)

Karen, you think there's something weird about teams of people making dishcloths and "racing" through the mail? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home