Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Freestyling

I've started knitting a baby hat I've made multiple times. It's been two years since I last made one of them, though. Wouldn't you know it, the pattern is no longer online. It's possible I have a copy of it around here somewhere, but the chances of me finding it in the immediate future are not good. What to do, what to do?

Luckily my blog entries include the number of stitches and needles size. I know what the hat looks like, so I can wing it...up to a point. What I'm unsure of is size. How big should this be before I start decreasing? How do I decrease? (I know in the general sense, obviously. Maybe the question I mean to ask is regarding the type of decrease.)

Anybody have any thoughts or tips? I figure I have 33% finished. That last third could be a real adventure.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Do you have a picture some of those, that you have made previously? That might help you remember some of the recipe - or if posted on a knitting site, somebody might recognise the pattern and help you out :o)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger donnadb said...

You could take any free newborn-size hat in your weight of yarn and just use it as a guide for the decreases ... which is all you need the pattern for, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home